› English Counties
Can you match these book descriptions, which include the counties they are set in, to the titles?
1. Charles Ryder visits his friend's family home in Wiltshire.
The Eyre Affair
The Remains of the Day
2. Tired from a grim war in America, a soldier comes home to Cornwall.
The Camomile Lawn
Why the Whales Came
3. Mary Lennox moves fron India to Yorkshire.
The Secret Garden
The Unknown Ajax
The Tenant of Wildfell Hall
4. Netherfield Park (in Hertfordshire) is let at last!
Pride and Prejudice
The History of Mr. Polly
The Mysterious Affair at Styles
The Ragged Trousered Philanthropists
5. In a fit of drunken anger, Michael Henchard sells his wife and baby daughter for five guineas at a country fair in Dorset.
The Mayor of Casterbridge
Far from the Madding Crowd
The French Lieutenant's Woman
6. Catherine Morland goes to stay with friends in Bath, Somerset.
The History of Tom Jones, a Foundling
7. Two families of children learn to sail in the Lake District, Cumbria.
Aunts Aren't Gentlemen
The Woman in White
Swallows and Amazons
8. Five children, in Kent, find a sand fairy in a gravel pit.
The Mystery of Edwin Drood
Five Children and It
The Darling Buds of May
The Canterbury Tales
9. Harriet Vane uncovers a mystery in Oxfordshire.
Peril at End House
Five Go Down to the Sea
10. Two children, in Cheshire, battle evil accompanied by dwarves and wizards.
The Children of the New Forest
The Weirdstone of Brisingamen
The Body in the Library
out of 10 questions.
Show me the Answers